Saturday, May 10, 2008

Professional Wrestling *ahem* I Mean Basketball

If you are a gambler there has been a couple of things lately that are as close to a sure thing as you can get. One was the Kentucky Derby. If the owner and trainer are betting that kind of money on a horse it's almost as close to a sure thing as you can find.

I don't follow sports much, especially not basketball. Yesterday I saw the last half of a game between the Utah Jazz, and the LA Lakers (Is that spelled right? Looks wrong). Bet on the Lakers to win this series. This is a sure thing. Let me break it down for you. I was pretty adamant last year about which series the Jazz would lose in the playoffs...I was right. This year, they will lose the Lakers series. No ifs ands or buts about it. I'll tell you how I know this, and how I knew it last year as well. The NBA doesn't make as much money if the Jazz continue in the playoffs instead of the Lakers. It's as simple as that. The NBA is a business, don't ever forget that. It's good business to influence a series to go to 7 games, and it's good business to have the money draw team win.

The sad part is that this isn't conspiracy theory stuff. There are stats that prove this. There are statistics logged for which refs call the most fouls against which players and which teams. If the NBA would kindly hand over a data dump I'd point out where the refs are encouraged to shut down certain teams, and to let certain players slide by on a rediculous amount of fouls. There is also the racism factor. Someone already ran the numbers on refs calling fouls against players of the opposite race, conclusively proving the NBA refs are racist.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Have I mentioned to you how entertaining your blog is? Well, it is very entertaining. Thanks for the laugh!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lance and Alayna said...

Don't even get me started on this...However, if you want to listen to a very entertaining conversation, we should get you and Lance together on this issue.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

If you think that was a biasly called game, you should've seen the one on Sunday. Ridiculous! Not only are the refs one-sided, the commentators were blatantly Lakers fans. And the comment from Phil Jackson was so arrogant after the game, "The JAZZ have just made this a six game series."

7:59 PM  
Blogger Matt "The Bull" said...

watching the Jazz play, (and i've watched all the games this series) anymore, is like a kick in the nuts. I am not sure if thats Carlos Boozer or Karl Malone down there.
I concur on the homecooking though it was obvious on wednesday.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home