Monday, February 11, 2008

Celebrity Mentality (Kanye West)

I saw all of about two minutes of the Grammy Awards. I watched some extra-terrestrial named Kanye West win something or other. Dressed like a total freak of nature (making "goths" look normal), he went up and accepted his award. After several moments of blabbering nonsense, that would make Karl Malone sound intelligible, the music starts, cuing him to shut-up and sit down. He goes, "Ah man, you aint gonna turn da music on me are ya?" He continues rambling nonsense for a while, then mentions his mom (who recently died), and says, "This would be an appropriate time to turn off the music." So this little slimeball actually used his very own mothers recent death, to garner a little more time in the spot light. The only way to top that, is if celebrities start killing their own mothers to get some attention.

Which celebrity will be first to kill their own mother, for some attention? My bet is on Lindsey Lohan, or Paris Hilton.

10 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I heard a clip on the radio today of Vince Gill knocking Kanye. He said something to the effect of "I just got this award handed to me by a Beatle. Ever had that happen Kanye." It was beautiful. I just wish I had the exact quote.

8:02 PM  
Blogger April said...

We saw the same two minutes and it turned me completely off of the Grammy Awards and KW. He mentioned world domination by the way...sort of overdoing it and forgetting the fans. I like what Andrea heard about Vince Gill, that sounds a little more reasonable.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the Vine Gill bit this morning on the radio too.
The AM D'J's really like KW for some reason. I dont get it
I am more Flo-rida
apple bottom jeans baby

10:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Kanye is a racist piece of crap, it's people like him and Al Sharpton who continue to incite racism in this country. I really don't like rap music or the musicians who make it, I also don't give a crap about those stupid award shows either, the whole thing seems to be produced and done by a bunch of self-licking ice cream cones. Here is a funny article about the origins of rap music that a friend wrote, it's pretty hilarious. http://wesclark.com/jw/rap.html

8:42 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Just want to make clear about the article, it is fictitous, but funny.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think Brittany Spears will off both her parents to get some paparazzi lovin!

Actually, my favorite quote by an idiot performer is from Mariah Carey.... "I feel so bad for those starving people in Africa.... but kinda jealous cause they are really skinny!" (or something to that effect!)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funny thing about Hollywood is that the real entertainment comes from the actors living out their "normal" lives. And what a Freak Show that it is.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lance and Alayna said...

You know, I always enjoy reading your opinions about things...don't you think it is time for a new opinion???

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

5:04 PM  
Blogger BugHunter said...

Well, in the beginning of this blog I mentioned that posts would be few and far between.

The real problem though is that my next topic requires time to write well, and I haven't even started.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yes, Wes, please opine something new for us.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home