Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Rockers We

I got Guitar Hero III on the PS2 for Christmas, and just yesterday my wife and I completed the co-op career on medium. It took us a few tries to finally get through Metallica's One, but we did it.

The in-laws got Rock Band on for my brother-in-law's 360. We've really enjoyed playing it. The drums it turns out, is kind of hard. My wife and her mom are typically our guitarists, Evan (bro-in-law) plays drums when he's around, if not we make Scott (pop-in-law) do it. I want it very clear that I really really like the game before you go read the next paragraph. It is awesome fun.

Most of the time I'm the one with the mic (this may not be a surprise to some), so my big complaint about the game affects me more than anyone. That complaint? The songs are crap. I think there was a specific set of standards to meet before a song was allowed to be a part of Rock Band. The band should be a complete unknown, preferably with no musical ability. Failing that, the least popular, worst lyrics, or mangled tune from a better known band was selected. There are about 3 exceptions to these rules.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You already know my thoughts, but I agree wholeheartedly. The songs are crap! Even when you win new songs, they are crap, too. I think it might have something to do with the almighty dollar, don't you? It seemed that in Guitar Hero III they teased you with a few songs you actually know, but then come the unknowns and questionable lyrics, and screaming (as in not singing).
Just so anyone that reads this knows... Bughunter is a great singer and that is why he gets the mike, but Andrea isn't too bad either. We gotta get Alayna on the mike, she'd rock. Well, if there was a song she actually knew on the game....

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lance and Alayna said...

I would love to get my hands on the mike, my worry is you will all be guitar heroed out by the time I get there at the end of February.

I think the problem with the songs is more of a political thing. Like who owns the rights to the songs and whether they want to release their song for use on the game, etc. All that legal crap.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Matt "The Bull" said...

I just finshed reading a bulitin board that said how great it will be to download content (and how much content is availabel for download) for rockband, However now that I think about it. That content may only be available for ps3?????
On a terribly said note AE has come out to say that they have no current plans to make rockband for then nintendo wii . :( the bull

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home