Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Will the real gamer please stand up.

When I got home from work yesterday, my wife had an article up on her laptop regarding how to deal with a spouse that plays video games. That list is pretty pathetic.

Today I found a list made by a gamer, who actually knows WTF she's talking about...usually.

My big gripe though is that a lot of the world doesn't count my hobby as being legitimate. It would be more acceptable to society if I spent the evenings getting drunk, and watching football.

I really ought to get Andrea some high quality elf ears, and make her go to a games convention with me. That would be totally hawt!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt "The Bull" said...

oh, that WOULD be hawt. My neighboors WIFE met us out on the sidewalk several months ago. She started to tell us how busy she was with WOW and "I have guild wars on monday at 1630" the tuesday I run such and such with so and so, the wedntesday I farm such and such with so and so... This was a REAL guys Wife. My wife's jaw dropped on the sidewalk. She hasn't griefed me once since.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Honey, my whoring days are over. We better stick to the cheap elf ears. And really its never going to happen. I do consider it a hobby, it's just easier to walk away from model trains. There aren't any huge battles that last over an hour. And maybe you'd be less irritated about all you ships sinking because you have to be AFK. I sadly understood about 95% of that link.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean I put on those elf ears and that sticky mess for nothing? Was Tim just humoring me? He is such a nice guy. "DING" your blogging health just went up 10 pts. That was my personal fav.

8:43 AM  
Blogger BugHunter said...

That first list are mostly one shot deals, and most of them aren't very good. Sure, the elf ears and honey works, but do you want to go through with that every time you want his attention (Tim says yes, thank you. May I have another?)? Or is it better to have a conversation about when he can play vs. when are dedicated family times.

:D

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to go thru it every time...I had honey in places you can't imagine! ;)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home