Thursday, October 12, 2006

Verizon Wireless Disaster part 1

The real information I wish someone had been candid about before switching cell phone service. The true story you won't find on the official Verizon Wireless website. Over the next few posts this will be my cell phone provider review.

Background:
Right near the beginning of this century I felt it was time that I have a mobile phone. I wasn't too picky about the phone itself, but I took time and care in deciding on the service provider. Back then AT&T was a very strong company and had a solid network, so they are who I went with.

In early 2002 I got married. My wife used voicestream for her cell phone provider. After seeing my wife's phone bills and how bad the service was that she received, we waited out the contract and promptly added her as a second line to my contract. Voicestream is now T-Mobile which while having pretty good rates for their plans, it's far better to be able to hear the conversation you are trying to have.

A while back Cingular purchased the wireless portion of AT&T which concerned me quite a bit. It didn't take long for the anxiety to subside. I was receiving the same clear calls I always had. My calls were also not getting dropped. The only problem that cropped up was the occasional instance of the network being "too busy". It usually only took a quick redial to correct that. This happened at peak time of course, but very rarely, and hasn't happend in over a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home