Monday, February 08, 2010

What the Super Bowl said

1. We are a nation of alcoholics: Nearly every other commercial was about alcohol. It's always seemed a little sad that there are so many people who don't know how to have a good time, without drinking a little poison first.

2. The FCC is whack: Showing a woman's boob covered by nothing but a tassle on prime time TV is a bad thing. But showing a gaggle of men prancing around in just their briefs is OK.

3. Who knows what's up: The half-time show couldn't have been more appropriate. 1 year in to the Obama administration and what do we get for a theme song during the biggest sporting event of the year? "Won't be fooled again." "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

2 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n John said...

1. We truly are. Both my country of birth, and my adopted country, are fueled by alcohol. I'd be an alcoholic too except my grandfather really was an alcoholic. So I'm just a guy who likes the very occasional beer or glass of wine, and who subsequently has very little tolerance for alcohol.

2. How about that iPhone commercial with Megan Fox in a bath? Hey? Hey? Youknowhadahmsaying? Talk about double standards. Although...I'd much rather see Megan Fox's boob than Janet Jackson's (even if they are pasty-covered).

3. I dinged 59 on my Pally and Tanked Hellfire Ramparts twice in a row so I missed the half-time show. Bit of a lackluster performance this year, was it? Megan's Fox's pasty-covered boob probably would have spiced things up.

4. Good to hear from you again. What have you been up to?

5. Yeah, I know there was no 4...or 5 for that matter.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Wow Panda said...

1. a little drink is OK, as long as no drunk drive. I just watched "The Untouchables", and watched so many life wasted for smuggle alcohol, I started to believe we should legalize drags and just tax it. It is all about self control.

2. FCC = Adam/Eve after the apple.

3. My co-worker was talking about the same thing! But I still believe Obama will be have his second term (especially now he lost the super majority).

I watched it here and there, but it will be really fun if I could watch the Ramparts run :-)

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home